My name is Keeley, and I am a lover of cats, decorating, baking, writing, rusty and chippy things, and all things vintage and antique! I’m a former elementary teacher who is now on a new adventure in life!
I’m a very creative person who can be described as a really outgoing people person, but also introverted! It just depends on the day due to my anxiety! I love my family like crazy, including my hubby Nick, and our two fur babies, Arnold and Lenny, who are our kitty boys! We are from and live in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina, and love the way of life around this area!
That’s me there! I love sweater season where I can wear cozy scarves! I also have long, curly hair, but love a good ol’ messy bun! I wanted to share a few more things about me, so sit back, grab a cup of coffee and cozy blanket, and enjoy!
1. My passion is home decor and being creative
2. I love every single cat that has ever and is walking this earth as we speak right now–no seriously
3. I love being a North Carolina girl
4. I love love coffee and coffee mugs, maybe a little too much!
5. My goal in life (even if it is when we are 70 years old) is to have a farm where we rescue cats and give them a loving home–and maybe have a cow, horse, goats, donkey, oh yeah and 2 chickens named Roberta and Clucky (can you tell I have been thinking a lot about this??)
6. I adore my family
7. Me and books are best friends. I love reading, and I love books even more. Especially really old books.
8. I have 2 favorite animals, cats and flamingos–weird combination I know!
9. My fur babies are my children, and I lovingly refer to them as babies not cats–don’t judge
10. Mr. Cozy Cat (aka my hubby, aka Nick) has got me spoiled rotten–and I love it and him
11. I love farmhouse style–rustic, warm, chippy, whites and neutrals, woods–ahh just dreamy
12. I find myself to be quite funny
13. I am very tender-hearted and kind to others and animals
14. I also have a sassy side and get that from my mom’s side
15. My parents have been married for 30 years!
16. I have one older brother
17. I am a huge Game of Thrones fan
18. I am obsessed with HGTV–seriously I could watch it all day–My favorite HGTV shows are Fixer Upper and Property Brothers
19. My favorite stores are: TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, World Market, Pet Smart, The Depot at Gibson Mill, Target, and any bookstore
20: My favorite places are: Disney World, New York City, the Charlotte, NC area, Gatlinburg, TN, and Savannah, GA
21: I have OCD/Anxiety, but am learning to cope better as I am getting older!
I hope yall enjoyed getting to know a little more about me! I can’t wait to share my adventures in life and home decor/artsy stuff with yall!
Welcome to Our Cozy Cat Cottage